Smith opened on July
23, 1899. The Giant Slide was added to the Playground in 1905.
The Giant Slide
was completely rebuilt and reopened in July 2005. Phase 2 is a
covered, open-air pavilion for picnics
and outdoor programming, additional restroom facilities and increased
Heat pump for office. Electric heating and exhaust fans for toilet
underground secondary service from PECO pole. Energy efficient
lighting combines with
occupancy sensor controls.
Toilet room facilities. Electric water heater.